Legacy Healing Center Blog
Outpatient Rehab Lets You Continue With Responsibilities Like Work, School, and Family
When you’re lost amid a crippling addiction, there are certain aspects of your life that no longer have the importance that they once had. For example, you may begin to notice a dip in your work performance, or you may not be able to keep up with school assignments. When you come to a place in your life where you’re ready to leave the negative influence of drugs or alcohol in your past, you must look into a plan for addiction treatment that allows you to continue working or an addiction treatment that will enable you to continue going to school. At Legacy Healing Center, we work closely with each client to develop a plan for outpatient treatment that will allow them to continue seeing these critical responsibilities.
What Is Outpatient Addiction Treatment?
Outpatient addiction treatment allows you to receive the care and help you need to work through the various aspects of your addiction. The flexibility in this type of program will enable you to take steps toward caring for yourself while still seeing parts of your life that simply cannot be put on hold.
Types of Outpatient Rehab
One of the reasons our drug rehab and alcohol rehab options are so popular among our outpatient patient clients is the different outpatient programs you can select from.
- Intensive outpatient: This outpatient rehab option requires that you spend a minimum of nine hours per week at our facility. During this time, you will develop a better understanding of what steps you need to maintain your sobriety as you face practical temptations every day. Keep in mind that you can opt to work through our intensive outpatient rehab program after you have completed our partial hospitalization program.
- General outpatient program: Another example of a plan for addiction treatment that allows you to continue working or going to school is our general outpatient program. This option requires a minimum of one hour per week as well as participation in 12-step meetings throughout the course of your recovery.
Outpatient vs. Inpatient Rehab
Before you decide to work through an outpatient program, you must understand the differences between an inpatient and an outpatient program. Here are some aspects that you should be aware of:
- During an inpatient program, clients live on our campus, whereas clients can return home at the end of their treatment sessions during an outpatient program.
- You can rest assured that you will still have the same level of care in our outpatient program as in our inpatient program.
- One of the primary and immediate focuses of your outpatient program plan will be to put in place a series of safeguards that will help to prevent the possibility of relapse in the future.
Remember, one of our addiction specialists is always available for you to speak with and address any specific questions regarding our outpatient treatment program.
Outpatient Rehab at Legacy Healing Center
At Legacy Healing Center, we pride ourselves on providing our clients with a safe and sober environment where they can take definitive steps toward living a healthier life. Regardless of whether you have attempted addiction treatment in the past or it is your first time reaching out for help, our addiction experts will be there with you and for you every step of the way. If you’re ready to learn more about our outpatient rehab, please get in touch with us at 888.534.2295 for more information.