Legacy Healing Center Blog
Top Rated Outpatient Addiction Treatment New York City
Outpatient addiction treatment in New York City is an essential feature of any rehab center that treats drug and alcohol addiction. It is more flexible and less expensive than inpatient care. You can choose how many hours a week you want to spend in treatment, making it work around your schedule if you need to return to work, school, or other vital responsibilities.
Legacy Healing is the best outpatient addiction treatment for people living in New York City with our core values of integrity, compassion, and commitment. Our customized treatment plans for each patient integrate evidence-based treatments with spiritual techniques, mindfulness, dual diagnosis treatments, medical detox, and 12-step programs in a holistic approach to healing the whole person, rather than just treating the physical aspects of addiction.
Benefits of Outpatient Addiction Treatment
The benefits of outpatient addiction treatment include:
- The freedom to choose the frequency and level of intensity of the treatments you receive.
- A flexible program that can be scheduled in the evenings and weekends to accommodate work or school schedules.
- A lower price point than inpatient rehab.
- You have the choice to live at home or in a sober living facility, based on your level of comfort.
- Life skills coaching and case management are offered to help you stick to plans and meet your long-term goals.
- You will have access to support from your friends and family, as well as our professional support and your peers in treatment.
- If you want, you can become involved in our alumni community, with continued support and mentorship offered for as long as you need it.
Types of Outpatient Treatment New York City
Types of outpatient addiction treatment in New York City include:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – a day/night program, six days/week with a minimum of 25 hours per week of clinical treatment.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – a flexible outpatient program, three days/week with a minimum of 9 hours per week of clinical treatment.
- Traditional Outpatient Program (OP) – A continuation of the IOP, except you, only have one hour per week of scheduled one-on-one treatment, plus groups when you need them.
PHP New York City
The PHP is usually a transitional program that lasts only a few weeks to move patients from detoxing and inpatient care into an intensive outpatient program without being overwhelmed with too many freedoms at once. This is a highly structured program where you live in a sober facility, attend full days of treatment, but have small windows of time at home or doing regular everyday activities.
IOP New York City
The IOP is an ever-changing and flexible program designed to be customized to each patient’s unique needs. It usually comes after the PHP or another inpatient rehab program. You will live at home or in our sober community housing, with treatment scheduled around your life so you can return to work, school, or other responsibilities you cannot leave for long periods. You will stay in contact with medical and psychiatric care providers. The IOP will be your support system as you use your new recovery skills out in the world. This program usually runs for 30 to 90 days.
Outpatient Rehab New York City
At Legacy Healing, we want to help you adhere to the healthy coping mechanisms and the lessons you learned in rehab. When you feel misunderstood, lose control, or feel a relapse coming on, we will be there with clinical care and support, peer support, and alumni group support. We believe that “once a patient, always a patient.” There is no end date to outpatient aftercare, and you can always count on us to be there for you if things get complicated.
— Legacy Healing Center (@LegacyHealingC1) September 28, 2021