Developing Skills to Discuss Someone's Addiction Takes Patience With nearly... Read More
Medical Detox Facility
LEGACY HEALING DETOX
Legacy Healing Center, with locations in South Florida, is a premier behavioral health provider that specializes in the treatment of substance abuse and addiction. Legacy uses an individualized, client-centered approach that has been created to build hope in a stable environment with an expansive support network to help those struggling reach long term sobriety.
Legacy’s mission is to lay the foundation for anyone who enters our community, allowing each client to recover and address underlying issues and ultimately get back on track to be able to thrive in a sober life. By working with a leading drug addiction center for Fort Myers residents, you are giving yourself the opportunity to be set free and re-join society free of toxic substances and behaviors and find the journey to a more fulfilling life.
When you, or someone you love, faces a substance abuse problem and is unable to stop using, that is the time for a certified rehabilitation treatment center to pave the way to recovery. Addiction has two parts, both a physical and mental addiction and the best way to treat those two parts is through an inpatient treatment program at Legacy Healing Center.
Legacy Healing Center in South Florida offers conclusive treatment programs that help individuals struggling with addiction overcome their addiction. Legacy doesn’t provide one program to fix all but instead offers varying lengths of comprehensive treatment in 30, 60, and 90-day increments paired with individualized treatment plans to help those struggling get the help they need.
Legacy has unsurpassed clinical care that offers a range of treatment programs to provide the right type of care for each individual’s unique needs. Each individual is evaluated by a set of medical, psychiatric, and social assessments that together form an individualized treatment plan. Once an individual has been evaluated they may be recommended one of the following levels of care:
– PHP- Partial Hospitalization Program: Our Partial Hospitalization Program is frequently one of the first steps for individuals suffering from addiction. This type of program is a 6 day a week, 24/7 program that is ideal for individuals who may be resistant to treatment, lacking supportive social or family support, or prone to relapse.
– IOP- Intensive Outpatient Program: Intensive Outpatient Program is a fantastic solution to help individuals who have completed PHP or another form of inpatient treatment to maintain sobriety. This type of program helps individuals adapt to life responsibilities and reintegrate back into society, sober. IOP is a program that helps vulnerable individuals that are faced with challenges in adapting to sober daily life or are vulnerable to relapse. The intensive outpatient program offers community housing for those who want it with group and individual therapy as well as 12- step meetings and sober social activities. Patients who participate in an IOP will receive a minimum of nine hours of clinical treatment per week with a flexible schedule to ensure that responsibilities outside of treatment are met.
– Outpatient Program: An outpatient program is a program that can begin after completing an intensive outpatient program. This is non-residential and is specifically for individuals who have fully integrated back into society. The outpatient program is highly flexible and offers one hour weekly therapy sessions in addition to other recovery activities. This type of program is here to provide individuals with the help they need to cope with the inevitable bumps in the road and ensure that they are living their best lives.
– Family Program: Legacy offers a unique program to work with families because we understand that families can suffer just as much as a person struggling with addiction. Legacy is dedicated to helping the whole family and giving them the support they need. Family programs offer education and training to families to help them become a positive force for change in the life of their loved one. These sessions may be held with or without the individual struggling with addiction and is ultimately a program to make sure that families are giving the support they need and not unintentionally enabling high-risk behavior.
The certified staff at Legacy Healing Center understands that recovery is not an easy process and are dedicated and ready to help each and every unique situation, or severity of the addiction. If you live in the Fort Myers area and are in search of a substance abuse treatment center, allow Legacy Healing Center to help and guide you through the process of recovery.
Legacy’s holistic approach to healing allows individuals to find more than recovery through the full range of services that focus on the body, mind, and spirit of the person. Legacy offers various types of treatment and strategies such as:
– Medically Assisted Treatment – Legacy offers medically assisted detox and treatment programs to individuals who need help with withdrawal or who struggle with co-occurring disorders, giving them the treatment they need beyond treatment for addiction.
– Transition Assistance – Legacy trains patients to become independent and provide assistance with challenges such as the ability to join support groups or becoming involved with activities in the community.
– Nutrition – Another important part of healing the body as a whole is nutrition. Legacy offers nutrition counseling and meal plans to help ensure that the foods that are being consumed are helping detoxify and strengthen the body during the recovery process.
– Outings – Legacy Healing Center has locations all over South Florida and offers fun outing to help individuals in treatment stay active and engaged. These types of activities can help build friendships and find fun in sober living.
– 12- Step – Legacy incorporates the 12- step method into the programming of treatment plans and helps individuals find 12-step groups in their individual communities.
– Spirituality – Some individuals find that finding spirituality can be an integral part of recovery. Legacy is available to help offer guidance in spirituality through individual and group sessions.
– Creative Arts – Legacy offers creative supplies and programs to help individuals tap into their creative side and express themselves through art.
– Fitness – Legacy offers on and off-site fitness programs to help those in treatment get healthy and stay motivated building self-esteem and overall fitness.
– Career Services – As mentioned in transition assistance, Legacy trains their patients to become independent and help by assisting individuals with career services to get them back on track and find a job.
Legacy’s goal is to make sure that each unique individual that walks through our doors seeking sobriety leaves with skills that will help them deal with and overcome challenging situations once re-entering society. Through the various specially crafted addiction treatment services, Legacy Healing Center gives clients the support they need to overcome their addiction.
Located in South Florida, Legacy Healing Center is on the of the best alcohol treatment centers, built out of the core values of compassion, commitment, and integrity. Legacy Healing Center is a comprehensive treatment facility that takes special care to guide their patients through their recovery in a relaxing and private atmosphere.
Legacy only staffs highly trained and experienced therapists to take care of the patients, giving them the opportunity to recover from alcohol addiction in an enjoyable environment with the knowledge that there is an experienced team there to help each step of the way.
When someone begins treatment for alcohol addiction the first step is to complete a detox program. This allows the body to prepare itself for recovery by getting rid of all the toxins. This process is completed under medical supervision and will follow the individualized treatment plan designated by the medical professionals.
After successfully detoxing, clients are then recommended to complete an inpatient treatment program that involves them staying around the clock in a treatment facility that is dedicated to freeing the individual of their addiction. This type of treatment involves comprehensive behavioral therapies that allow individuals to learn how to recognize triggers, avoid them, and ultimately deal with them when they are unavoidable.
Inpatient treatment gives individuals a clinical type of treatment, helping them go through the 12 steps to sobriety and build skills that will help repair relationships and general health of the individual.
After completing an inpatient treatment program, Legacy offers outpatient treatment programs to help cement newfound skills from rehab. These types of programs help individuals learn and maintain skills to stay sober while taking back the responsibilities of real life. This type of program does offer community housing as well as individual therapy, group therapy, and 12 step meetings.
Alcohol is the most commonly abused substance in the United States which has caused it to become one of the main contributors to disease and death in the country. It is difficult for people to admit to having a problem with alcohol, but overcoming denial and admitting there is a problem is the first step to overcoming the addiction and getting life back on track.
Legacy Healing Centers offers comprehensive addiction treatment and behavioral health therapies that focus on each individual client. The individualized client-centered approach is designed to build hope, create a stable network for support, and allow clients to reach long-term sobriety.
Legacy Healing Centers understands from personal experience that their holistic healing approach can help individuals not only overcome addiction but also learn to thrive in life. Giving individuals a life that is free of toxic substances and behaviors.
The Legacy Healing Centers treatment facilities are designed to make clients in inpatient programs feel completely safe and at ease. We believe that the success of the program relates directly to how individuals feel in the program, with the need to ensure that they feel safe and can relax. The safer the environment is for clients, the easier it is for them to feel like they can relax and create a positive environment around them. The locations offer the ability to participate in the community as well as comfortable accommodations and living spaces, recreational areas, treatment rooms, and both indoor and outdoor space for activities.
The cost of a substance abuse treatment program at Legacy Healing Center can vary greatly depending on the program, treatment, facility, and amenities for the patients. It is common for medical insurance to cover a 30-day stay at a treatment center, while other medical insurances may cover longer lengths of stay. Friendly staff on the Legacy Healing Center admissions team, as well as the case manager, will help individuals and families determine the overall cost, what insurance will cover, and set up payment plans to cover any difference between insurance and out of pocket.
It is possible to also be eligible for financial help through Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare for veterans. If you do not have health insurance, call to speak with one of our financial counselors about financing options.
If you do have medical insurance and would like to know what percentage would be covered for an individual’s stay in a treatment program, call today to find out more information. Legacy’s helpline is 100% confidential and can be reached at 888.534.2295.
At the end of the day, a treatment program will cost a lot less than supporting a substance abuse addiction and can take the risk of overdose or other complications out of the picture. Legacy Healing Center is here to help every step of the way to make sure that cost, insurance coverage, and everything else is understood before making the decision to enter a program. Reach out to Legacy Healing Center to speak to someone about more information 888.534.2295.
Detoxing from addictive substances, such as opioids or other drugs, is one of the most important parts of recovery. Legacy Healing Center will provide patients with a medically supervised process that allows the body to safely get the drugs out of the body. This process is supervised because it can be a difficult process and staff at Legacy Healing Center will be with those going through detox every step of the way to ensure stability and treat withdrawal symptoms.
Once an individual begins the detox process, they can expect to begin to notice withdrawal symptoms within the first 24 hours of detox and then will notice the symptoms intensify for the following 48-72 hours. After reaching the 72-hour mark, individuals will notice a decrease in the intensity of the withdrawal symptoms that could last for up to a week. A drug detox works because the body is able to safely rid its self of the substances it has been using in an environment that can lessen side effects and ensure the safety of the individual. Some common drug withdrawal symptoms that may be experienced are:
– High Blood Pressure
– Rapid Heartbeat
– Excessive Sweating
– Blurred Vision
– Dilated Pupils
– Muscle & Joint Pain
– Abdominal Pain
The detox process always varies with each person in length and intensity because of certain factors related to the individual. Age, length of use, physical health, and mental health all play a role in how a patient goes through detox and therapy. No matter the circumstance, Legacy Healing Center’s detox is supervised by medical professionals who are experts at determining the correct process for each individual.
An addiction to alcohol can be very dangerous for those struggling with this type of addiction. Alcohol, like drugs, causes changes to the brain that makes quitting difficult and results in severe withdrawal symptoms. Because of the difficulty and the severity of the addiction, it is important for individuals to complete a medically assisted alcohol rehab program such as those found at Legacy Healing Center.
Like drug detox, alcohol detox is monitored 24/7 by medical professionals. It is the time in which the body is able to rid itself of the dependence on alcohol. It is best for a detox to occur in a medical facility because of the full-time care and ability to monitor the individual’s comfort and safety.
The importance of medical detox is to ensure that withdrawal symptoms are not too severe. Withdrawal symptoms are commonly felt within 24 hours of beginning the detox and can be intense for 48-72 hours. After that, they can continue for up to a week but with less intensity. Once the alcohol is out of the system and the withdrawal symptoms have ceased, individuals are able to focus on treatment and behavioral therapies to overcome the alcohol use disorder.
In order to correctly answer “how long is rehab ” it is important to take into consideration certain factors that each individual faces such as:
– How long the person has been abusing drugs and/or alcohol
– The presence of any co-occurring mental disorders
– Age and physical health
The length of treatment varies based on some of the factors listed above but ideally, at least three months should be dedicated to a recovery program in an inpatient facility. Up next is a breakdown of the 30, 60, and 90-day programs at Legacy Healing Center.
– 30-Day Rehab – A 30-day rehab program is an intensive treatment program that lasts for 30 days and includes all the elements that an effective treatment program can provide. These important elements include a medically-assisted detox, behavioral therapies according to the individual’s needs, and holistic healing programs according to the individual’s needs.
– 60-Day Rehab – A 60-day rehab program at Legacy Healing Center will give individuals all the benefits as the 30-day program but will on top of that gain the extra time needed to dedicate themselves to long-term sobriety goals. When more time is spent in a program, individuals are given the ability to establish sober habits and work on skills needed to prevent relapse and future use.
– 90-Day Long Term Rehab – A 90-day long term rehab program offers the same elements as the 30-day program such as the medically-assisted detox, behavioral therapies, and holistic healing programs and is geared towards more severe addictions. The length of this type of program gives patients ample time to focus on long-term recovery from substance abuse. Once this program is completed, individuals will be given the opportunity to maintain sobriety through alumni events, a personal sober coach as well as sober social engagements.
Insurance commonly will cover a 30- day stay in a rehabilitation program, inpatient, but may have limits on the types of services that are covered. If you have medical insurance, you can always call your health insurance provider to find out exactly what you are covered for. Legacy Healing Center can also help you with this step, and even explain more about health insurance stipulations, what programs would be covered at their facilities, and how to move forward about entering treatment.
Attending one of Legacy Healing Center’s South Florida locations can help you or a loved one get back on track and provides the tools to maintain sobriety long term. Once you have completed a treatment program, it is important to stay engaged in your sobriety. Finding sober-friendly attractions and things to do close to home where you can enjoy positive healthy activities with friends and family is an important part of your recovery. Luckily, Fort Myers has many activities that can be explored and enjoyed without drugs and alcohol, here are a few options:
Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium
This 105-acre site offers hiking trails, a nature center, and a planetarium. It is home to many rescue animals and includes visits to butterfly and bird aviaries.
IMAG History and Science Center
This is an interactive educational museum for all ages with more than 60 exhibits that includes a hurricane simulator.
Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
This non-for-profit dedicated to preserving this 3,500- acre park offers a variety of wildlife, a butterfly garden, and boardwalk trails through wetlands.
The River District
Head to the River District for a Farmer’s Market or an afternoon lunch. The River District is essentially the downtown area of Fort Myers with a concentration of low building profiles providing a view of authentic Florida food, plus global cuisines in an easy to walk around the area. There are always events going on in the River District.
The Shell Factory & Nature Park
This family-friendly complex contains a retail shop, steak & seafood eatery, a nature park, and rides for children.
Sanibel Island is a great option for a weekend getaway from Fort Myers. It is located just 41 minutes southwest of Fort Myers and is connected to the mainland via a causeway. This beautiful inhabited island getaway features beautiful beaches and a lighthouse.
This is Florida’s biggest and best flea market with around 900 unique stores full of bargains. Including vintage art, jewelry, crafts, food stands, fresh fruit, and veggies, great for family and friends to spend the afternoon, even if just to browse.
This waterfront park provides paved trails for those who enjoy nature walks but also up-close views of manatees! You are able to watch shows in the amphitheater as well as rent kayaks to kayak with the manatees.
Legacy Healing Center is here to help you, or a loved one, work through any insecurities related to rehabilitation programs and make sure they get the help that they need. Call today to speak to a representative on our 100% confidential line 888.534.2295
Medical Detox Facility
LEGACY HEALING DETOX