Top Rated Alcohol Detox Tallahassee
Alcohol addiction is diagnosed when your use pattern becomes problematic and you feel a physical or psychological compulsion to drink alcohol. If you need help quitting drinking with alcohol detox in Tallahassee, look no further, we are here for you at Legacy Healing Center.
Legacy Healing is the top-treated alcohol detox center in Tallahassee because we not only help you stop drinking, but we also have a completely personalized approach to how we help you. We get to know each of our patients as a person. We don’t just see you as another addict who needs to quit drinking. We care about what you want, we will listen to you, and we will work alongside you to create a rehab program that will best suit your needs, preferences and help you to meet your short and long-term goals so you can succeed in creating a life you want to live in the future.
What Is Alcohol Detox Like?
At Legacy Healing’s alcohol detox in Tallahassee, we provide a medically assisted detoxing program, so you will not have to suffer as the alcohol leaves your system. This is an integrated program using medications, therapy, and psychiatric care to help with all aspects of your health as you detox. The medications provided will not create a new addiction; they are there to stop your alcohol cravings and prevent you from feeling the worst symptoms of withdrawal as you rest and heal.
Benefits of Medical Alcohol Detox
The benefits of MAT include:
- Therapy and counseling throughout MAT provide emotional support.
- You will not have to suffer needlessly as you detox.
- You will be kept safe by our medical team.
- Your progress is monitored 24 hours a day to ensure everything is going according to plan and medications are working correctly.
- Co-occurring conditions can be treated at the same time as addiction through a dual diagnosis treatment.
- Staying in our detox facility full-time will keep you away from enablers and the temptation to relapse.
Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms
Some of the side effects of alcohol withdrawal may include tremors (shaking), uncontrollable sweating, anxiety, mood swings, brain fog, insomnia, headache, irritability, and an increase in heart rate.
When a person has a severe addiction, has been drinking for a long time, has been binge drinking, or has other health issues, delirium tremens is a worry. Delirium tremens (sometimes called the DTs) are dangerous symptoms of withdrawal, including:
- High fever
- Auditory hallucinations (hearing things that are not there)
- Visual hallucinations (seeing things that are not there)
- Tactile hallucinations (feeling like something is crawling under your skin)
- Possibility of death
Alcohol withdrawal symptoms vary wildly and can escalate quickly without warning, so detoxing from alcohol under professional supervision is very important.
How Long Does Alcohol Detox Last?
Every person is different, and detoxing does not follow a schedule. The general timeline is as follows:
- In the first six to twelve hours, you may feel anxiety, headaches, have stomach issues, and have trouble sleeping.
- From 12 to 48 hours after your last drink, symptoms escalate, and severe withdrawal symptoms like hallucinations, confusion, and seizures may begin.
- From the 48 to 72-hour mark, your symptoms could escalate further. This is the most challenging period and often requires medical intervention to remain safe.
- After the peak of your symptoms, you will begin to feel better every day until you are stable enough to enter an inpatient rehab program.
What Happens After Alcohol Detox?
After detox, we will transfer you into our inpatient rehab center, where you will work with us to find the root causes of your addiction. The rehab center is in the same building as the detox center, so you won’t have to undergo the same intake procedures again. You will retain the same therapists and doctors you have already seen to make the transition as smooth and easy as possible.
In inpatient rehab, you will live in residence amongst peers going through a similar experience to you. Through different types of therapy, groups, and education, we will work with you to get to the root of your addiction. We will provide you with the skills and tools to remain sober and healthy for the long term. Once your time in inpatient care is over, you can attend outpatient care for as long as you want. We will always ensure you remain connected to a sober community.
Why Choose Legacy Healing Center for Alcohol Detox Tallahassee?
Through our recommended, safe, and effective medical detox program that takes place in a home-like environment with highly trained expert staff available to you 24 hours a day. At Legacy Healing, you will have all the support you need to get the alcohol out of your system and become ready to move on to rehab with a clear head in no time.
We genuinely care about helping you. Contact us today at 888.534.2295 for more information about medical detox, alcohol rehab, or what happens next after alcohol detox in Tallahassee. We are ready to help you stop drinking now.
— Legacy Healing Center (@LegacyHealingC1) September 20, 2021