You can get comprehensive drug abuse help in Florida at... Read More
Medical Detox Facility
LEGACY HEALING DETOX
For those of you who are struggling with an alcohol addiction and are seeking help, Legacy Healing Center’s alcohol rehab in Miami is where you can receive comprehensive rehabilitation treatment. Our holistic approach to treatment will not only rid your body of alcohol but also prepare you to live a clean and fulfilling life. Our recovery treatments include enriching every aspect of your being so that you can leave us feeling empowered and focused on creating a new and better life for yourself.
The initial phase of our alcohol rehab in Miami begins with a physical and psychological evaluation that is performed by members of our medical staff. The results of your evaluation will define what addiction recovery treatments you will receive during your stay with us, and what programs you should attend after you leave our facility.
Our professional staff is committed to helping you achieve all your recovery goals and will work with you by providing guidance and instruction that will assist in overcoming your addictive behaviors. Legacy Healing Center offers you a relaxing, friendly, and private environment that aids in nurturing you back to good health. We are considered one of the top centers of alcohol rehab in Miami, providing you with an effective and successful addiction recovery treatment program.
Depending on the severity of the alcohol addiction, treatment varies between patients. Some of the treatments that the patient can expect in alcohol rehab are:
1. Treatment for an alcohol use disorder may begin with a medically supervised detox process where the patient is weaned off of alcohol.
2. Psychological therapies are also administered for a variety of reasons, including educating the patient about alcoholism and examining the underlying reasons that lead the patient to drink.
3. Relapse prevention is another program where the patient is taught how to identify triggers that provoke him to drink, and how he can diffuse those thoughts and behaviors.
4. In group therapy, the patient meets with other recovering alcoholics to discuss their problems and experiences. This type of therapy provides a social outlet for the patient among their peers and gives him an opportunity to develop friendships with others while giving and receiving support.
5. Family therapy is intended to heal the effects that alcoholism has had on the family and to develop a strong support group based on love, trust, and mutual respect. Family members learn about enabling behaviors that they must avoid, and how to recognize signs of a relapse.
6. Aftercare provides therapy and group meetings after the patient has left our alcohol rehab in Miami. Aftercare provides a support system for the recovering alcoholic where he can go to receive the help he needs while facing everyday challenges.
The first stage of treatment for alcoholism is a medically supervised detox process to wean the patient off of alcohol. Removing alcohol from the patient’s body may cause adverse detox symptoms that are uncomfortable and can also be life-threatening. That is why an alcoholic should never try to detox on his own.
With a medically supervised detox, the patient is monitored by our medical team throughout the detox process and afterwards. All adverse detox symptoms are treated by our staff to keep the patient safe, and also as comfortable as possible. An alcohol detox process usually lasts from 7-to-10 days, and symptoms begin to peak around the first to the third day. By the seventh day the symptoms begin to wane, although in some cases the symptoms of alcohol cravings and insomnia can last for months. Some of the symptoms of alcohol detox include:
• Stress, anxiety, mood swings, foggy thinking
• Tremors, heart palpitations
• Interrupted sleep
• Stomach problems, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting
• Mental confusion, irritability
• Increased blood pressure and heart rate
• Sensory hallucinations
• Delirium tremors
Alcoholism is the third-leading preventable cause of death in the U.S. There are different types of alcoholic groups and these consist of:
• Young adults (31%) between the late teens to 31 years old.
• Youths to their twenties (21%), often have a co-occurring mental disorder or come from a family with alcohol or drug abuse.
• Functional alcoholics in their 30’s to 50’s (20%) are often educated and successful, and can maintain an appearance of success.
• Intermediate, middle-aged with a family history of alcoholism (19%); about half have depression or bipolar disorder.
• Chronic or severe, middle-aged (9%) with a long history of alcoholism; about half have depression or bipolar disorder.
Some of the reasons why people become addicted to alcohol are based on biological, environmental and developmental factors, such as co-occurring mental disorders, peer pressure, family history, genetics, experimentation, abuse, neglect, trauma, financial worries, losing a loved one, relationship problems, low self-esteem, and using it as a way to de-stress.
Alcohol addiction is a complex problem that can be treated successfully using a variety of therapies. Therapies will vary depending upon the needs of the patient and should be patient-focused. Medications can also play an important part in treating alcoholism, especially if the patient has mental health problems. Counseling and behavioral therapies are effective treatments for any addiction.
At Legacy Healing Center alcohol rehab in Miami, you will receive a treatment program that is designed specifically for you. Some addiction treatments may include:
• Behavioral Therapy
• Individual Counseling
• Family Counseling
• Nutrition Therapy
• Exercise and Wellness Options
• Group therapy
During your stay at Legacy Healing Center near Miami, you can enjoy your free time exploring the many wonderful attractions of the city. You may want to try the South Beach Food and Art Deco District walking tour, or a day trip to Key West. Miami also offers beautiful beaches, boating, fishing, jet skiing kayaking, or parasailing, just to name a few.
A visit to Miami Seaquarium gives you a chance to interact with dolphins, or you may want to try an Everglades Airboat Adventure where you can see alligators and birds native to the area. Miami also has a great variety of world-class restaurants and also shopping to fit every budget. The Aventura Mall in North Miami has a wide range of popular stores and boutiques as well as a host of beloved restaurants. Miami has something for everyone, so be sure to search out what interests you.
Whether you are trying to find a way to enjoy the free time you may have available while in an alcohol rehab program, or if you are enjoying a pre-arranged outing through your rehab center, enjoy the beautiful city of Miami with a sober mindset and have fun!
If your alcohol addiction has led you to Legacy Healing Center, we want you to know you are in good hands. Together we will take the journey that leads you back to wholeness and prepares you for an addiction-free lifestyle. Just remember, there is hope in recovery so don’t give up.
Medical Detox Facility
LEGACY HEALING DETOX