What Does Alcohol Rehab Consist Of?
With how accessible it is to the general public of legally aged adults, it is understandable that alcohol is such an easily abused substance. Although it can be what livens up a party or social gathering, it also frequently serves as the common denominator for countless car accidents, violent confrontations, and breakups. An addiction to this substance is relatively easy to develop but can be incredibly difficult to break away from. This is why Legacy Healing Center New Jersey prides itself on providing one of the best treatment programs for alcoholism in the state.
Call Legacy Healing Center 24/7 to speak with an intake specialist. Calls are completely confidential.
Don’t Underestimate How Dangerous Alcohol Can Be
Any person over the age of 21 can visit their nearest liquor store and buy the intoxicating substance with the swipe of a credit card. Even a vast majority of restaurants will serve various kinds of alcoholic beverages to their customers. For some people, it can help them relax and enjoy their night. For many others, however, it presents potentially life-changing problems.
Some of the reasons that alcohol can be very dangerous include:
- – It can decrease a person’s inhibitions: Someone that is drunk is likely to do or say things that they usually would not if sober, which can present a serious risk to their careers and relationships.
- – The prospect of fatal accidents: It is common for a person who has “successfully” driven drunk in the past to assume that they are a “good” drunk driver. The reality is that no such thing exists. Getting behind the wheel of a car when drunk can result in disastrous crashes that could injure or kill themselves and others.
- – It can lead to chronic medical issues: It is common for alcoholism and poor nutrition to coincide with one another. This can lead to a slew of health complications, including mineral deficiencies and obesity.
- – Abusers of this drug can end up with permanent organ damage and a number of other congenital diseases: Alcoholism can result in fatal cirrhosis of the liver, and drinking while pregnant is even riskier. In the latter scenario, this can result in birth defects like brain damage, organ defect, stunted growth, and other symptoms of fetal alcohol syndrome.
- – It can lead to devastating financial troubles: Sadly, it is all too common for someone who is addicted to alcohol to end up spending all of their money on it, even past the point that they can afford it.
If you find yourself struggling with any of the scenarios above, Legacy Healing offers addiction counseling in New Jersey that employs a variety of therapy methods.
Warning Signs of Alcoholism
There are a number of signs that can be used to detect alcohol abuse early. Some may be more obvious, while others are a bit harder to recognize.
Whether it is a loved one or your own habits that you are worried about, some indicators of alcohol addiction include:
- – Suffering from short-term memory loss and sequential blackouts
- – Making excessive excuses to be able to drink
- – Drinking in secrecy or by oneself
- – Becoming isolated from loved ones
- – Feelings of guilt or concern regarding one’s drinking
- – Getting defensive when others express worry
- – A rise in aggressive behavior
- – Continuing to drink despite the presence of negative outcomes
It can seem ideal at the moment to pretend that a problem isn’t present until it just goes away on its own. The bad news is that alcoholism is a chronic disease, one that many people struggle to even accept for fear of the unknown. The good news is that there are treatment programs for alcoholism readily available at Legacy Healing Center, designed to help you reclaim your life from the clutches of alcohol use disorder.
Neighborhoods We Serve
Legacy’s New Jersey Alcohol Rehab Can Help
For someone in the midst of alcohol addiction, our Cherry Hill detox is an excellent option to assist you through the often dangerous withdrawal symptoms that are associated with this kind of substance abuse. You will also be evaluated by our team of clinical professionals, who will determine which level of care is most suited to your needs.
To learn more about one of the best alcohol rehabs in New Jersey, contact our team at Legacy Healing Center Cherry Hill today.
Legacy Healing Center testimonials
Real People. Real experiences
Legacy Healing Center testimonials
What Our Alumni Has to Say
Absolutely beautiful! Staff is so caring and welcoming. Highly recommend to anyone who is struggling and looking to heal. This is the place for you!Jacqueline C.
Honestly, it's not what you imagine when thinking "detox." Legacy made my experience so comfortable from beds, food, staff and such a clean facility. Besides all that they literally gave me life back. Forever thankful.Avi S.
GET IN TOUCH
If you would like to get in touch with us or simply have any questions or comments, please call us today. Our helpline is 100% confidential.
Visit Us1425 WEST CYPRESS CREEK ROAD, SUITE 201
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33309