Legacy Healing Center Blog
What Is Inpatient Addiction Treatment Like?
During inpatient addiction treatment for New York City residents at Legacy Healing Center, you will move into our facility full-time for a set number of days. Your alcohol or drug rehab program will begin with a detox. Then you will transition into rehab, which includes therapy, medical care, holistic treatments like art therapy, meditation and mindfulness, and spiritual guidance as we believe in a whole-patient approach to healing, rather than only treating the addiction.
Benefits of Inpatient Addiction Treatment
During inpatient addiction treatment for New York City residents at Legacy Healing, you will:
- Stay in a welcoming and supportive environment, with comfortable beds and a home-like feel
- Be surrounded by like-minded peers who get where you are coming from
- Be away from the usual stresses, triggers, and temptations of your everyday life so you can entirely focus on your recovery
- Gain the tools you will need to remain sober and avoid temptation when you leave rehab
- Have nutritious meals, including cold-pressed juices, to help your body regain its health
Medical Detox: The First Step in Addiction Treatment
The first step in alcohol rehab or drug rehab at Legacy Healing is typically medical detox. Because withdrawal symptoms can become severe, it is essential not to detox alone or at home. We can provide a detox plan to help you manage your symptoms with our medical and psychiatric team, ensuring the process is not painful or traumatizing so that you can move forward in your treatment safely and effectively.
How Long Is Inpatient Rehab?
Inpatient addiction treatment for New York City residents at our behavioral health center generally lasts for a minimum of 30 days. If you are fully committed to yourself and your healing, we will help you get sober. A more extended treatment plan will provide you with a better chance of remaining in addiction recovery for the long term. Still, even one month away from the usual triggers and distractions of your everyday life can give you a new perspective on things and allow you to focus on your healing.
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Addiction Treatment
While all inpatient treatment occurs within the walls of our safe, sober facility, outpatient treatment is provided to you with the option to live outside the treatment center. It is usually recommended for each patient to complete at least 30 days in inpatient care before transitioning to outpatient treatment, but we do recognize that this is not possible for all patients.
We offer an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), in which you will come to our facility for nine hours per week of programming like appointments, therapy, and groups while also taking part in 12-step meetings. There is also the traditional Outpatient Program (OP), which is recommended for those who have completed a rehab program. In the OP, you will still attend one hour of therapy per week and participate in recovery activities like 12-step meetings.
How to Find the Best Inpatient Addiction Treatment Center – New York City
For people searching for the best inpatient addiction treatment near New York City, looking online and asking for referrals from others who have been in inpatient rehab are the most common research methods. Some of the services and treatments you may want to look into include:
- Do they offer a medical detox program?
- Do they have family therapy to help you repair damaged relationships and strengthen your support network?
- Do they offer different types of therapies?
- Do they offer medical treatment and care?
- Do they offer holistic care?
- Do they have outpatient programs that can work around your schedule?
- Are caseworkers available to help you transition from rehab back to a productive and healthy sober life?
- Do they offer free consultations to ensure their program is right for you?
These services are available at Legacy Healing’s inpatient addiction treatment for New York City residents. We combine holistic treatment with traditional behavioral therapy and other science-based therapies, as well as clinical care, to ensure you remain safe and healthy with us as you detox and rehabilitate and to help you find the underlying causes of addiction. We provide you with
To learn more about our inpatient addiction treatment programs, alcohol rehab programs, and detox programs, contact Legacy Healing Center at 888.534.2295 today. We will help you decide your next step on the road to recovery, and we can help you get there.